Monday, September 17, 2012

New digs, eh?

Ok, so I'm transitioning to a new identity. Not, like, in real life or like in those action movies, of course. It's just that I'm trying to kick-restart my creative life, and in the process I realized that my old web identity no longer represents me properly.
It's a little sad to let "elfinity" sit back and fade into the background, but I felt that it was a bit too restricting and obscure a handle.

Also, when I started out on the web, it was 1998, and elves were still very much a geek domain, so my handle denoted my "citizenship", my belonging to certain web groups. Nowadays, thanks to LotR and more widespread anime, elves are about as mainstream as hipsters (yes, I know what I did there).

Also also? I'm going to be rebooting the Etsy shop, and curating (read: pushing and propelling my fellow Back Row Gals into creating) the products in it, so I felt that the blog should fit in with the store. I think my header, at least, coordinates rather well between the store and the blog.

My goal is to write at least 5 times a week, with maybe some cute photo/pic for the weekend. Let's see how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment